Thursday, August 19, 2010

Red Lobster Project Continued



Because of some of my Facebook posts, some of you have been wondering about my wanderings. Since July, I've been shooting a number of Minnesota properties for Darden Restaurants, owner of Red Lobster. They recently have begun a complete remodel, outside and in, of over 1,000 restaurants. Because they were so pleased with my initial work, they asked me to photograph projects in several markets. The images have already been used for investor meetings. The great bulk of the images I just shot will be used for presentations at GM and Divisional Director conferences over the next month. Subsequently, they'll be used for a wide range of marketing efforts.

The shooting was interesting and challenging. Even though the properties are appointed the same, the unique property sizes and configurations made each restaurant photograph differently. The chief architect gave me specific camera angles to shoot from and I augmented them with my own choices to round out the portfolio of each location.

Total shooting time at each restaurant was 4 (billable) hours, one for exterior twilight, one for exterior daylight, and two hours for interiors. This yielded about 15-20 final images per location.

Shooting exteriors was primarily HDR (High Dynamic Range). Interiors were shot as HDR but were generally processed in layers due to noise issues brought about by the low lighting levels. Nik Color Efex Pro Contrast was used to remove some of the redness in the wood. OnOne PhotoTool's 85A Warming Filter was used to add some drama to exterior twilight shots. Nik Dfine was indispensable for noise reduction.

A final note: this nice piece of business came as a referral from a local architecture firm which has never actually hired me. They must have seen my work.

Be sure to click on each image to enlarge it.
























For more information,
  • www.stevesilvermanimaging.com

  • 4445 W. 77th St. #130
    Edina, MN 55435
    952-844-0119 c952-905-1197
    steve@stevesilvermanimaging.com

    No comments: